ERMAGANBETOV MUBARAK ERMAGANBETOVICH
Date of birth: May 21, 1951
Place of birth: Kostanay region, Amangely district, v. Kaburga
· Kazakh State University named S. Kirova (1976)
· Post-graduate course of the Kazakh Polytechnic Institute named V.I. Lenin (1979-1982)
· Candidate of Chemical Sciences (1983);
· Doctor of Chemical Sciences (2001);
· Academician of the National Academy of Natural Sciences of the Republic of Kazakhstan (2013)
· Honorary academician of NAS of RK (2015)
What languages does he speak:
Kazakh, Russian, English – level “Intermediate”
· Kazakh State University named S.M. Kirova – trainee – researcher (1976-1978);
· Kazakh Polytechnic Institute named V.I. Lenin – engineer (1978-1979);
· Kazakh Polytechnic Institute named V.I. Lenin – post-graduate student in full-time studies (1979-1982);
· Kazakh Polytechnic Institute named V.I. Lenin – junior researcher, senior lecturer, associate professor, professor (1983-1994);
· Kazakh Polytechnic Institute named K. Satpayev (now Kazakh National Technical University named after KISatpayev) – Head of the Department of Chemical Technology of Oil and Gas Processing (1995-2008);
· Kazakh National Pedagogical University named Abay – First Vice-Rector (04.2008-10.2017);
· Almaty University – Rector (from 10.2017)
Awards and achievements:
· Badge “For special merits of KazNTU named KI Satpaeva (2003);
· Honorary Education Worker of the Republic of Kazakhstan (2009);
· Silver medal of the Trade Union of Education and Science Workers of the Republic of Kazakhstan (2011);
· Medal of Ibrai Altynsarin (2017).
He is the author of more than 180 scientific articles, textbooks and manuals, 25 copyright certificates and patents of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Russian Federation.
Almaty University of Continuing Education first opened its doors to students in 1998. In the first academic year, only 37 students were admitted to the University, and the number of teachers was no more than 10 people. In those years, the first head of the educational institution was Candidate of Technical Sciences, AssociateProfessorAytenovKenesDzholdasbaevich (1998-2001). KenesDzholdasbaevich made a great contribution to the development of the University and the systematization of the educational process. In subsequent years, the rectors of the University were academician of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Doctor of Chemical Sciences, ProfessorPralievKaldybekZhailauovich (2001-2008), Candidate of Economic Sciences, AssociateProfessorPralievGalymzhanSerikovich (2008-2010), Candidate of Philological Sciences, AssociateProfessorErbay Talgat Madelyevich ( 2010-2012), Candidate of Technical Sciences, AssociateProfessorKulzhabaevBauyrzhanZhamalbekovich (2012-2015). The aforementioned University leaders have made a great contribution to the development of our University. In 2013, on behalf of the Minister of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan, B.T. Zhumagulova non-state educational institutions were merged and consolidated to reduce the number of universities in Kazakhstan. In this regard, in 2013, the Almaty University of Continuing Education and SymbatAcademy of Fashion were named Universityof Almaty on the basis of a government decree of January 31, 2013. Since 2015, the dean, then the rector of the University, was a young scientist, a Ph.D, ShildebaySabitKamytbekovich (2015-2017).
Today, Universityof Almaty is a modern multi-disciplinary University of new format with the areas of studies such as “Education”, “Law”, “Social Sciences and Business”, and “Services”, which provides training in 39 educational programs, including 26 undergraduate majors, 11 – graduate, 2 – Doctoral PhD. In the 2017/2018 academic year, Ermaganbetov Mubarak ErmaganbetovichDoctor of chemical Sciences, Professor, honorary academician of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Kazakhstanwas appointed Rector of the University.
The strategic plan of the University for 2013-2020 is aimed at preparing highly qualified specialists, integrating educational programs into the world educational space, and implementing developing basic and applied research to production.
Educate young people in the spirit of patriotism, providing high-quality and affordable education.
A multidisciplinary university, aimed at the close integration of education, science and industry, providing high quality educational and professional training for graduates.