On May 12, 2020 «Almaty” University held the international online conference «Abay’s Creation – a national heritage».
The purpose of the conference: to show the role of the great thinker Abay in the 21st century, to consider the values of Abay’s heritage in Kazakh spirituality, the role of his works in the education of youth and the formation of national ideology.
2020 – the 175th anniversary of Abay is celebrated in the framework of the UNESCO.
In his article “Abay and Kazakhstan in the 21st century”, President of Kazakhstan, Kassym-Jomart Tokayev said that the idea of creating a smart nation was proposed by Abay. The President emphasized the relevance of Abay’s words and lessons from his works that should be learned by Kazakhs. The President’s article reflects the importance of the personality of the Kazakh thinker as well as conveys the rich cultural and spiritual heritage that Abay has left to the modern society.
Reading the works of Abay is one thing, and it is necessary for every person to study and understand the immutable truths for an active social life. This is the basis, spiritual food for the future of our country.
Lectureres and students of the Universities took part in the work of the international online conference “Abay’s Creation – a national heritage”.
Conference moderator: Master of the “Almaty’ University Batyrbay Nurbol Mukhtaruly.
The participants discussed the problems put forward by the head of state, Kassym-Jomart Tokayev, noted that Abay’s priceless work is a symbol of the new life that he saw in enlightenment, in transformative work, in the spiritual development of human.
Kairat Abisatuly, Chairman of the Union of Writers of the World, made a welcoming speech at the opening of the international online conference, and he wished the participants success.
Conference participants were given a presentation within 3-5 minutes.
Interesting reports were made by:
1. Sara Notuyt – Representative of the Union of Writers of the World in London. She made a welcoming speech, showed video materials about Abai Kunanbayev, wished the participants success.
2. Baigali Esenaliev – laureate of the State Youth Prize «Daryn», general director of the Kazakhstan Society of Authors.
3. Padmaya Liengar – Paddy, who reported that in India a report was read by the editor-in-chief of the World Anthology Amaravati Poetic Prisma on the theme “Abay – in the anthology of the world.”
4. Aybergenova Saltanat – candidate of philological sciences, associate professor, laureate of the literary prize of the Union of World Writers named after M. Dulati.
5. Muhammad Shanazar – First Vice-President of the Union of Writers of the World, nominee of the 2015 Nobel Prize, the representative of Pakistan made a broadcast of video materials on Abay’s work.
6. Muammer Tashchi – Vice-Rector for Educational Work at Suleyman Demirel University, Doctor of Philology, read excerpts from the works of Abay Kunanbayev in Turkey.
7. Kenzhina Nasikha Gumarovna – public figure of Kazakhstan, member of the Union of Journalists of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, representative of the Azerbaijan International Peace Magazine in Kazakhstan, noted in her report that Abay’s work is the spiritual wealth of the Kazakh people, which does not lose age-old significance .
8. Zhabal Alshynbekuly Shoyinbet – candidate of philological sciences, associate professor, director of the Scientific Research Center of the Abay Kazakh National Pedagogical University, president of the public foundation «Hakim Abay» , made a detailed report on the theme “Hakim Abay”.
9. Akhataeva Galiya Baykonurovna – candidate of pedagogical sciences, associate professor, project manager of the «Rukhani Zhangyru» of «Almaty» University , focused on the views of Abay Kunanbayev, his moral ideals and wisdom of the Kazakh people.
10. Nazarova Gaziza Zhaldybaevna – candidate of pedagogical sciences, secretary of the Academic Council of the Institute by M. Saparbayev in Shymkent, told about Abay Kunanbayev’s work in English
11. Umurbubi Begalieva – President of the International Union of Writers of Kyrgyzstan, General Representative of the Union of Writers of the World’s Peoples in Kyrgyzstan, made a report.
12. Muhammad Sanzhar, an English teacher of «Almaty» University, noted the relevance of the reports of foreign citizens about Abay Kunanbayev in Russian and Kazakh languages, which he translates into English.
13. In conclusion, Sagat Kutbanovich Aldekenov, Vice-Rector for Educational Work of the «Almaty» University, Doctor of Law, organizer of the online conference, thanked all the participants of the conference, and performed Abay’s song “Kozimnіn karasi”.